Use this as an accompaniment to any meal (chicken, fish, pork, tofu). A green vegetable like broccoli, green beans or spring cabbage goes really nicely with butternut squash.
- 300g butternut squash, peeled and cubed (this will be about 600 to 650g unpeeled)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Put the squash and garlic into a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes and drain well.
- Add the mayonnaise and the olive oil.
- Season well and mash until smooth.