This delicious chicken dish takes only 10 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook. It is a great dinner party option as it is easy to increase all the ingredients to serve any number of guests. Serve with coconut rice (below) and slices of orange to garnish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Juice and rind of one large orange
- Salt and black pepper
- 225g button mushrooms, washed and halved
- 2 bunches salad onions, trimmed and halved
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry the chicken for a couple of minutes then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and orange rind and juice and pour over the chicken.
- Season lightly with salt and black pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms and spring onions and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with a portion of coconut rice, below.
- 200g brown basmati rice
- 50g block creamed coconut, chopped roughly
- 1 bay leaf
- Bring 400ml of water to the boil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the creamed coconut and stir until it has dissolved.
- Add the rice and the bay leaf, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked but still firm.