The base of this cheesecake uses chopped fruit and nuts for a much lower GL score. An easy to prepare pudding that can be made in advance.
FOR THE BASE:
- 20g chopped walnuts or pecans (use other nuts if preferred)
- 4 dried apricots
FOR THE CHEESE:
- 200g plain cream cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tsp xylitol
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 tbsp fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
1. Place nuts and apricots in a small blender and process until broken into small pieces. Press into the
bottom of 2 ramekin dishes and chill.
2. In a bowl, add the lemon juice to the xylitol and stir to allow the granules to dissolve.
3. Mix the dissolved xylitol and lemon juice and zest into the cream cheese until smooth and thoroughly combined, then spoon into the prepared ramekins.
4. Scatter the berries on the top of each ramekin and chill until ready to serve.