Quick, simple, tasty and full of omega essential fats. Cooking fish in a parcel of baking parchment is a quick, healthy and clean (no washing up!) way of cooking. It’s better than foil as there’s no leaching of aluminium into the food. It makes the food really tasty as the nutrients stay in, and the flavours infuse in the steam.
Experiment with fresh herbs and add veg in the parcel too for a super simple ready meal.
- 40g whole porridge oats
- 1/2 – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp essential seed mix
- Plus any berries and/or fruit, chopped or grated
- Place the oats in a pan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil then gently simmer, stirring until the porridge thickens and the oats soften.
- Stir the cinnamon, seed mix and fruit into the porridge or just scatter on top.