This spicy red-bean dip is tasty served with raw vegetables and lightly-toasted wholemeal pitta bread. Red kidney beans are a great source of vitamin B6 which is essential for protein digestion and utilisation, making this dish a great barbecue accompaniment.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 240g kidney beans, drained
- 170g cottage cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to your desired consistency.