As the temperature dips, there’s nothing that feels more like a warming hug than a curry. One of my favourites is this gorgeous vegan curry. It’s also cheap to make and packed full of immune-boosting antioxidants.
- 1 tbsp white or black chia seeds
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- 25g vanilla protein powder
- In a bowl, stir together the chia seeds, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or even better, refrigerate overnight.
- The chia seeds will expand and absorb the liquid creating a chia tapioca.
- Mash a ripe banana in a bowl (or ideally use a blender). If you are not keen on tapioca texture add the chia seeds to the blender to make the porridge a smoother consistency.
- Place the chia mix and banana in a non-stick saucepan and gently warm through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the protein powder.